Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favorites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Immune-Boosting Turmeric and Ginger Cocktail
Enjoy a healthier happy hour with this bubbly beverage packed with vitamin c, antioxidants, immune system boosters and anti-inflammatories.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons The Ginger People® Turmeric Juice
- 2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Ginger Juice
- 3 ounces vodka (or whiskey, rum, tequila, gin)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons turmeric simple syrup
- Prosecco, chilled
- Orange wedge to garnish
1. In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water to a boil, stirring frequently.
2. Turn heat to low and add sage and orange zest. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, add Turmeric Juice and Ginger Juice and let steep another 5 minutes.
4. Strain syrup into a sealable container. Chill until ready to use.
1. Fill an 8 to 10 ounce glass with ice.
2. Add chilled prosecco halfway.
3. Gently stir in vodka (or spirit of choice), orange juice, lemon juice and simple syrup. Taste and add more lemon juice or syrup as desired.
4. Garnish with orange wedge. Enjoy chilled.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.