Sweet Ginger Croutons
30g unsalted butter
30g The Ginger People® Ginger Spread
3 thick slices French bread (2cm), cut into cubes (about 150g)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Stir butter and Ginger Spread in a large saucepan on medium heat, just until melted.
3. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Check and stir several times to prevent burning. Remove from oven.
Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favorites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Carrot Ginger Soup with Sweet Ginger Croutons
The combo of sliced Sushi Ginger and Ginger Juice layers just the right amount of warmth to this creamy soup. Ginger-spiced croutons are a creative finishing crunch.
- 60g unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced (80g)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 950ml vegetable stock
- 675g carrots, peeled and cut in 1-2cm chunks
- 2 small (120g) parsnips, peeled and cut in 1-2cm chunks
- 30g The Ginger People® Organic Sushi Ginger, sliced
- 30ml The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Juice
- 120ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
- Coriander leaves
- Snipped chives
- Crème fraiche
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan (3.5L) over medium heat. Add shallots and ground coriander. Sauté two minutes.
- Add stock, carrots and parsnips. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Stir sliced Sushi Ginger and Ginger Juice into vegetable mixture.
- Puree mixture until smooth with a hand-held blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan. Keep warm while you prepare the croutons.
- When the croutons are ready, add cream to the soup and stir through. Then serve, garnishing with crème fraiche, fresh cilantro and chives, if desired. Top with Sweet Ginger Croutons.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.